Saturday, August 22nd, 2009
Cal Koat of Celt in a Twist got Michael Sturm of Langer’s Ball on the phone, and they had a fine old jaw about music and the new album, Ships are Sailing. You can hear it on the newest edition of Celt in a Twist, available on our podcast page and the iTunes store.
Or tune in to AM1470 Sunday, August 23, at 4 pm, (Metro Vancouver area) to hear the show on the radio!
Remember to drop us a line sometime, either in the comments section here or at our Contacts page.
This is the run down for this week’s show. Click on the names of our featured artists to go to their websites — find out more about the musicians and buy one of their terrific CDs (or maybe a T-shirt!)
- Harv – Grythyttehyl
- Barleyjuice – Weekend Irish
- Enter the Haggis – Murphy’s Ashes
- The Real McKenzies – Kings of Fife
- Shooglenifty – The Eccentric
- Willie Nile – The Day I Saw Bo Diddley in Washington Square
- Gaelic Storm – Floating the Flambeau
- The Langer’s Ball – Patriot Games
- Jaime RT & Andy Hillhouse – Running Through Tall Grass
- Afro Celt Sound System – Inion/Daughter
- Francois Couture – Saloon
- Billy Bragg & Young Coppers – Hard Times of Old England
Tags: Afro Celt Sound System, Barleyjuice, Billy Bragg & Young Coppers, Celt in a Twist, Celtic music podcast, Enter the Haggis, Francois Couture, Gaelic Storm, Harv, irish music, Jaime RT & Andy Hillhouse, Shooglenifty, The Langer's Ball, The Real McKenzies, Willie Nile